Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BNN Follow-Up

A few months ago, I contacted BNN, and asked "would you like a follow-up story to my original interview last year?" I mentioned that because I have experienced some changes since then.

In 2008, Beachbody Network News came to my house and filmed my story as well as filming me working out.

In 2009, I contacted BNN and asked if they wanted a follow-up to my Beachbody story because there have been some changes in my life since the initial story. They emailed me a few questions to answer.

In addition, they asked if I could film it, edit it, and send it in.

I didn't do JUST that.

I filmed the questions. I edited the video. I added the youtube videos that I've created from my workouts. I also added the group videos from the NYC workouts at Chelsea Studios in New York City.

Once all of that was put onto tape, I mailed the tape to BNN, hoping that it will show on the web. In the meantime, I lived my life. I worked, worked out, and lived.

I turn 40 years old this Friday.
BNN called me yesterday, asking some questions about the footage. After answering them, I returned to work.

Tuesday night, I received a Twittwer from BeachbodyNews saying the following:
"James Manganiello suffers from epilepsy, but that hasn't stopped him from living a healthy, happy lifestyle."

My jaw, fell! I mean, I was about to go to bed. But when I saw this text message, I went to the website and watched the video, and I was in awe.

I'm seeing myself on BNN, MY footage, MY workouts, MY videos, all in this story! As I'm watching the story, my smile beams more and more.. The moment I saw the footage from my workouts, I shouted "YES!!!" as I heard me discussing filming the workouts. I knew I talked about the workouts in New York City. As I mentioned it, BNN used my footage from the workoouts and put it under what I was saying.

I was jumping up and down in my chair, I couldn't contain myself. I was loving this!

I went to bed with a huge smile on my face, feeling accomplished.

The following day, I knew people would see the video on BNN. But I had no idea the overwhelming response that I would receive!

It blew my mind. BLEW MY MIND! Other Beachbody coaches and friends have posted on my Facebook complimenting the video and saying "Congrads"... "Good for you"... "Excellent!" Now that made me smile, seeing my peers compliment me on a job that I did.

But what really touched my heart was when I went onto the message boards. I'm involved in a 90day fitness challenge. A coach and friend posted about the BNN video. The responses that followed were heartfelt, moving, touching, inspiring, and they literally drove ME!

People are inspired by internal and external things and events. I had NO IDEA that my video would touch people in such a positive way.

I'm proud of it. I emailed the CEO of Beachbody, Carl Daikeler, personally thanking him for the extraordinary job that the folks at BNN did for my story. The video was posted JUST days before my 40th birthday.

The next post will have the video.

No comments: