Sunday, August 9, 2009

Insanity Workout in NYC

I intended on attending this workout, so I woke up early, ate breakfast, and took the bus to the city to workout. I went to Chelsea Studios in New York City for an Insanity workout hosted by Beachbody Coach Jimmy Hays Nelson.

INSANITY is the newest and latest workout video from Beachbody. Insanity was created by Beachbody trainer/dancer/choreographer ShaunT. Insanity is an extreme workout program.

Jimmy is IN the workout videos for Insanity.

This is the preview of Insanity:


When I saw the preview for Insanity at the Beachbody Coach Summit back in March, it looked extreme and intense. I knew that I was not ready for it and would build up to it over time. As a Beachbody Coach, I received a preview copy of an Insanity Workout (Plyometric Core Cardio) - and I couldn't make it past the first five minutes!!

Today is the day to see how I actually do. Who know? This one workout from Insanity may kick P90X up to a whole new level. Whatever happens, I am here to workout for the long haul, whatever it takes.

At the Insanity workout, I met Jimmy and Jet from the 2620 crew. They're great guys.

The Insanity workouts, yes there were two of them, were:
- Core Intervals
- Cardio Abs

Holy @#$&$%!!! I started sweating in the first five minutes of Insanity (the warmup). Sweat is good. Shows the body is getting a hard workout. Insanity is intense. VERY intense! It will test your strength, endurance, determination, and core strength in EVERY move! I'm not kidding about that because I experienced that.

Jimmy provided a lot of motivation for everyone in the room, especially since it may have been their first experience with an Insanity workout. He provided modifications for moves, checked everyone to make sure they were working hard or keeping their core tight.

Some people modified, some didn't. I modified when necessary. There were several points where I was ready to give up and quit the workout, but heard a voice in my head saying, "You give up, you destroy everything you worked hard for until this day." Yes, I know, a little harsh, but it was a wake up call.
It worked.
I pushed, I worked harder, and it truly paid off. By the end of core Intervals, my body was hurting, I was sweating - and I felt GREAT!

There were moves in Cardio Abs I was familiar with because the were either in P90X or Hip Hop Abs (yes, Hip Hop Abs). Although we didn't have mats for the ab workout, I grabbed an extra shirt from my bag and used that as a mat. It helped because I completed the ab workout.

Core Intervals - 38 minutes
Cadio Abs - 10 minutes

WORTH EVERY DROP OF SWEAT! I can see why you would need to constantly hydrate throughout the day, especially after a workout like this. I've read comments from other Beachbody coaches using Insanity who have burned up to 1000 calories in an hour!

After this workout, I am taking my P90X journey to the next level by kicking it up a notch. Speaking of P90X, today is my first day of P90X. Although I did the Insanity workout first thing this morning, I completed my P90X workouts tonight - Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X.

If you want to purchase P90X, Insanity, or any other Beachbody product, and you want to obtain the same results, please contact me. I will be happy to help you achieve all of your fitness goals.

Onward to P90X day two...

No comments: