Monday, August 24, 2009

Insanity Max Interval Plyo

I knew that Insanity was an intense cardio workout, but I was not prepared for the workout yesterday. INSANITY is described as "maximum interval training", and believe me, they ain't kiddin'!

After doing three rounds of P90X, and one Insanity workout, let me say that I was NOT prepared for the intensity of this workout. My girlfriend is good at cardio, and she loves the Turbo Jam workout series. But this was something completely different

Max Interval Plyo is almost sixty minutes, yea 60! I burned over 800calories in the workout, and my maximum heartrate was 232BPM. I put some P90X Results & Recovery formula into my water, and I was extremely glad that I did. My shirt was soaked in sweat by the end of the workout. I bought another shirt before we left NYC.

My girlfriend modifed a lot of the workout, as did a lot of other people who were there. I had to. This was intense, and the words "BRING IT" don't even cut it with this workout. The only words which went through my mind throughout the workout were what ShaunT says in the promo for Insanity, "C'mon yo! LET'S GO!" He doesn't just say the word 'go', he screams 'GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, it's THAT intense!!!!!

We grabbed lunch at a place around the corner from the Chelsea Studios in NYC (where we had the workout) named Pita Grill. After destroying 800 calories, I needed some food!

This was difficult, it was tough, but you know what? It was worth it.

Now it's time to get back to P90X. I will get to Insanity, I have no doubt about that. I just have a lot to complete on my way there.

So, it's onward, and forward...

No comments: