Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Breakfast

The original title was “A Healthy Breakfast”, but it all depends on your perspective of what a “healthy” breakfast might be.

I am not a cook. I reheat, I do prepare stuff when necessary, and I do try to cook something on occasion.

They say “breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you start the day off on a good breakfast, the rest of your day should go the same way.” Hopefully.

I picked up this recipe from Beachbody coach Mark Briggs. I read one his messages on Facebook about it, and decided to try it – whole oats, whey protein, and (either water or milk). I’ve tried it both ways, and I prefer using almond or soy milk.

This is how mine turned out:
¾ cup Quaker Whole Oates
1 scoop Beachbody chocolate Whey Protein Powder
Put each into a bowl and lightly stir it up. Add 8 ounces of a liquid. I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

I also added:
One washed strawberry, quartered, and diced finely
1/8 tbsp organic peanut butter

I mixed it and microwave it for 90seconds. After removing it from the microwave, I added a sprinkle of brown sugar cinnamon.

It definitely kicked breakfast up a HUGE notch. You can alternate the strawberry for any fruit – a diced banana, blueberries, or whatever you choose to use.

Try it out sometime. I’ll tell you this, it gave me enough energy by the time I arrived at work, and I stick with WATER as opposed to going for a cup of coffee.

No comments: