Friday, September 18, 2009

Always Carry A Business Card

My girlfriend was at my place for the long weekend. We had a hunch she’d be home late (which can happen). While she was here, we went to the supermarket for some food. Plus, I also bought some groceries for my place.

As I’m looking at milk, my girlfriend runs up to me saying softly, “J! J!” and pointing at this couple with a shopping list. Then “P90X SHOPPING LIST”.

My ears perked up, QUICKLY.

I walked over, politely said, “Excuse me, I noticed your shopping list. Which Beachbody program are you using?” He said, “P90X. I haven’t started it yet.” Then we chatted for about ten minutes.

As we were leaving, I was about to give him my business card – which I left at HOME.
Fortunately, we exchanged information and I said, “If you need a hand, let me know.” At that, we shook hands and continued our shopping.

Lesson for the day – ALWAYS CARRY A BUSINESS CARD WHENEVER YOU’RE OUT!

In the 70s there was a commercial that said, "The American Express card. Don't leave home without it."
Never leave home without a business card.

No comments: