Sunday, May 24, 2009

Family Dinners

I attended a family event yesterday. My cousin completed graduate school, and we went to a restaurant to celebrate. The appetizers included: fired mozzarella, fried calamari, and fried eggplant rollatini. As I was looking at them, I heard a voice in my head say, "FRIED food is how you put on weight in the FIRST PLACE! Do YOU want to go back to that again!?!?!" I ate one calamari ring. Yeah, just ONE. My parents started asking me, "What's the matter, aren't you hungry?" "Are you feeling alright?" "Is there something wrong?" I avoided the explanation, as I've said it TOO many times. I've just been extremely conscious of my meals and what I eat. Instead, I ate what I was comfortable with eating, and I did not over eat. I refused to. My meals included a caesar salad, and chicken francaise as a main dish - and I drank a LOT of water.

Afterwards, people started saying, "I'm sooo full" or "I shouldn't have eaten that much bread..." Me? I did not overeat, at all. If I can do this once, I can do this consistently to make it an instinctive habit.

This week, I'd like to make a quick shout out to fellow Beachbody coach and friend, DeeDeeFit - in regards to our fitness bet, that's day TWO in the books! When you're ready to bring it, say the word, I'm still going!!! I know there are many more days ahead in this challenge, but I'm anxious to get there and take it to the next level!! BRING IT, my friend!

Until next time.... have a fantastic holiday weekend everyone!!!

No comments: