Saturday, May 16, 2009

Insanity - the workouts

Beachbody trainer, ShaunT, has created a new program coming out in July 2009 called INSANITY. ShaunT's Beachbody exercise programs have been dance-based, but this new program is NOT. At the Beachbody coach summit in March 2009, I saw a video preview of Insanity. In addition, during a workout with all of the Beachbody trainers at Universal Studios, ShaunT did 10 minutes of Insanity - and let me tell you, a LOT of people were screaming from it.

In my mail on Friday, I received this DVD from Beachbody - Insanity: Plyometric Cardio Circuit. My initial thought was after doing three rounds of P90X, I THOUGHT (optimal word here) I would be ready to do this.

NOPE! Not at all! The workout was intense - I didn't even last the 10 minute warmup before my heartrate felt like it was beating about 170bpm. From experience, when it DOES beat like that, I'm working hard and I eventually have to take it easy.

I must say that I am NOT ready for this program.... yet. This is why I'm continually progressing through through the various programs - striving for the NEXT level.

Until next time.

No comments: