Friday, April 16, 2010

Creating A Hybrid Workout

Creating a hybrid occurred to me over a year ago while I was doing P90X, except at the time, the hybrid was a 90-day hybrid of workouts from various Beachbody programs:
Hip Hop Abs
Power 90
Power 90 Master Series
Turbo Jam
Turbo Jam Fat Burning Elite
Power Half Hour.

The principle to the hybrid is that there was always a different workout a different day, and the combinations were amazing. It started out as one workout for thirty minutes during the first week. As the weeks progressed, it turned into one workout plus an abdominal workout. Towards the end of the hybrid, it was a cardio workout (the warm-up), a harder cardio workout OR a weight workout, and an ab-workout.

But I never actually tried the 90day hybrid because I began P90X, and that changed everything.

The idea of creating a hybrid workout has been on my mind for quite a while.

Now that I am using programs like Rev Abs, and I have tried programs like P90X+ and Chalean Extreme, I thought about creating another hybrid.

On the TeamBeachbody message boards, I have seen people post 60-day or 90-day hybrids combining different programs. TeamBeachbody coaches Joey Petri and Mark Briggs designed the "Briggs/Petri" hybrid, which used workouts P90X, P90X+, and One On One. I've also seen hybrids using P90X and Chalean Extreme, P90X and Insanity (or P90X+ and Insanity).

My current workout program is Rev Abs, and I combined the progression of Rev Abs and P90X to create a P90X/Rev Abs hybrid, which progressionally gets more difficult throughout the 90days of the program. I will be starting that in June 2010.

I'm part of a few TeamBeachbody coaches that host FREE WORKOUTS in New York City once a month. During the past year, the programs we have used have been P90X, Insanity, and Rev Abs. My goal was to create a hybrid workout, a single workout, using multiple programs.

I designed a heart-pumping workout that has exercises from P90X, P90X+, Chalean Exreme, Rev Abs, and Insanity. I have tested this out three times, and I have filmed it all three times.

Plus, I will be TEACHING this workout to the next FREE WORKOUT in New York City on Saturday, April 17th at Chelsea Studios, in New York City.

THIS is a preview to the workout.

No comments: