Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Restarting Rev Abs

After completing three straight weeks of the Beachbody workout program, Rev Abs, I missed three straight weeks in a row because LIFE got in the way. When I started getting bent out of shape about it, I remembered what trainer Tony Horton said at his fitness camp in October.

Someone asked about missing workouts - do you make them up, miss them and keep going forward... what do you do? Tony said, and I quote "If you're in week 2 and missed two days, just keep going. If you're in week 8 and missed three weeks in a row, then yeah, restart the program."

I began Rev Abs on November 8th, two days after my 40th birthday. I completed three weeks of the schedule, 100%. Then I began staying later at work, or oversleeping, or something else... Finally, I had enough and did something about it.

On December 20th, 2009 - I restarted Rev Abs from day 1. This is the week of Christmas, the time of food, overeating, "drinking and being merry". Granted, but that wasn't going to stop me from eating healthy, drinking WATER, and still being merry!

I completed 100% of the workouts from week one, ate heatlhy, hydrated, and felt great.

With a new mindset, a revised determination, (and a week of vacation), I am progressing onward...

No comments: